How to Register Your Trailer & Get License Plates

Congratulations on the purchase of your new mobile equipment! One of the first things you'll need to do is officially register the trailer and get your license plates.

What you'll need

  1. Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin (Sample) (you will need the original – a copy of this will not work)
  2. Invoice 
  3. Buyer’s copy of the temporary tag
  4. Your state (like Texas) might require a safety inspection

If you picked up your machine in Houston, you should have received all this paperwork from us. If your machine was shipped, this paperwork will be placed inside front cover of the instruction manual, inside the toolbox.

What to do

The Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin (MCO) is like the title for the trailer. Take the original MCO and your invoice to the DMV for registration, and to obtain permanent license plates. 

For customers who finance, the original MCO is sent directly to the lienholder / bank. Some banks use a Title Service to complete the registration for the customer, others do not. Contact your lender to find out about their specific procedure.

Application for Title

In Texas: If you picked up your equipment, you signed the application for Texas title, the Trailer Statement of Fact, and The County Registration form.  If your equipment was shipped, you will receive these forms by UPS with a return envelope.  These documents along with the taxes collected for vehicle registration will be sent to the DMV in the county you requested.  You will receive an email with the tracking number, physical address, and phone number for the DMV office the paperwork was sent to.  The taxes have been paid, but there could be additional fees prior to completion of registration.  Each county is different, so please call them to verify they have received your packet and ask any questions before you go in person to complete the process
Out of Texas: Your equipment was manufactured by a Texas Dealer, license number P131163X.  Please note the equipment mounted to your trailer are part of the trailer.  For that reason, there is no sales tax on the mobile unit.  It is subject to vehicle tax at your local DMV for title registration.  You may also need to provide an inspection report.  Please confirm with your local DMV.