Learn how to set up your blast hose before you begin blasting for the first time.
Your mobile Dustless Blasting machine will come with the following:
- Blast hose
- Blast hose extension
- Electric deadman
- Electric line extension
You will need to put all of this together before your first blasting job.
Assembling the blast hose:
- Cut open the blast hose, being careful not to cut or score the hose.
- Unwrap and unroll the blast hose.
- Unwrap and unroll the blast hose extension right beside it.
- Couple the ends together (there are only two that can be coupled together)
- Screw the nozzle onto the threaded end of the blast hose.
Attaching the electric deadman:
- Decide where you want to place the deadman (or switch). Some people like it just a few inches away from the nozzle, and other prefer it further back, such as 2 feet away.
- Secure the deadman where you want it, using a clamp or sturdy zip ties.
- Now, you're going to bundle together the blast hose and electric line with Velcro.
- Between the deadman and the first Velcro point, leave a generous amount of slack in the electric line. This will prevent stress on the electric line, as you bend and flex the hose while working.
- Work your way down the blast hose, using Velcro to attach the electric line and blast hose together every few feet.
- When you get to the junction, attach the electric hose extension and continue working.
- Attach the end of the blast hose to your pinch hose.
- Attach the end of your electric line to your control box.