Perform oil changes on the Rotair compressor on your DB500 Mobile S or XL.
- Box end wrench or ratchet and socket for drain plug
- Drain pan
- Oil filter wrench
- Clean shop rags
- Correct grade and quantity of engine oil
- Oil filter (Purchase)
Follow the steps below:
- Run engine until it reaches operating temperature.
- Place oil drain pan under the engine oil drain.
- Remove the oil drain plug and allow oil to drain completely.
- Reinstall the drain plug with a new gasket or seal.
- Remove the oil filter
- Clean the oil filter mounting surface.
- Apply clean oil to the oil filter gasket.
- Install the oil filter on the mount, hand tighten. DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN THE FILTER.
- Add the proper amount of oil to the engine at the filling point.
- Start the engine and make sure there is adequate oil pressure on the oil pressure gauge.
- Let the engine run for 5 minutes.
- Stop the engine and check for oil leaks at the drain plug and the oil filter seal area.
- Stop the engine and recheck the engine oil level.
- Add oil as needed to reach the FULL mark on the dipstick.
- Dispose of used oil and oil filter properly